Friday 30 May 2014

South Palms Resort Panglao, Bohol!

I backpack a lot, I do. But sometime I do treat myself to something really good. After being in the Philippines for 2.5 months, volunteering with no water, electric and proper bed, I decided that I needed a break before I move on to another project on another island, Bohol. I was searching for best hotels in Bohol Panglao and South Palm Resort appeared. As I reading the review, I saw all the positive reviews and the photos enticed me to book it. 

On the day that I arrive in Tagbilaran City, Bohol the hotel arranged for a pick up South Palm Resort Panglao is located about 45 minutes from Tagbilaran city. Boyyy...there I was in a coffee shop in the mall, the driver came in with my name on the board. I was surprised. I mean usually you get pick up that way in airport but he really went all out looking for me at the coffee shop. Brownie point! He was so friendly and I learned a lot about best tourist destination in Bohol. It was a fun ride. 


When we arrived at the entrance, I could already feel the relaxing vibes. With all the palm trees, nipak roofs and the beach. Oh the beach is amazing! I was welcomed by the friendly staffs at  South Palms Resort Panglao. I was really happy to finally be at the resort, whatmore the warm welcome of the staffs. 



While I was sipping my welcome drink and absorbing the fact that I already arrived at South Palms Resort Panglao, the frontdesk told me that I was upgraded! They told me that they were upgrading me to their Premium Beach Front Suite. I was ecstatic! Of coz I said yes, who would say no? :P

The Premium Beachfront Suite offers wide living space (yay! coz I have been living in tents before) and obviously all time view of the beach- white sandy beach with crystal blue water of the Mindanao Sea. It's like having painting right to your face every time you look outside your window. 



I love how the room is simple and accommodate to the beach atmosphere. I could just open my frontdoor and let the breeze come in the room while I eat my dried mango and sipe some Pina Colada. The room has a really comfortable pillow (which I almost ask if I could buy them, but I ain't silly. :P), nice comfy king size bed and really big toilet with bathtub. Guess what I did, I had 2 hours soak in the bathtub reading my book. 





South Palms Resort Panglao has a beautiful surrounding area - 2 swimming pools, gym , tennis court and their in house restaurant -Oceanica. Which serves some of the best Bohol and Western food. I walk around everyday around the resort, feeling calm and relax. The beautiful canopy of palm trees with background of beautiful white sandy beach, bird chirping and breeze blowing- South Palms Resort Panglao is the place. :)






I personally would say that South Palms Resort Panglao is the perfect reason for honeymoon, couple wanting to escape their daily life, solo traveler like me who wants to treat themselves, family vacation and many more type of travelers. South Palms Resort Panglao accommodates to all type of tourists and I can assure you that you will have a fantastic time at the resort. I did! :D

I also got the chance to experience the massage services at South Palms Resort Panglao. It was really good and relaxing. The massuer was really good at what she was doing and I kept telling her that my shoulder is stiff after the heavy work and she fix it! It was that good! 




My experience dining in at Oceanica Restaurant was tantalizing. The menu they offer was mouth watering and they also cater to my order for my special drink. I have been here 3 times now and they still remember what I like to drink. The people working here are amazing. Some of the things that I really like is their breakfast buffet, Prawn Mango Salad, Pan Seared Salmon and ohhhhhhhhhhhh their house specialty- Baked King Prawn. Man, my mouth waters as am typing this post. 




So when you plan to come to Bohol or in fact to the Philippines, book your stay at South Palms Resort Panglao! I can assure you that you will have amazing vacation with the white sandy beach waiting at your frontdoor. What are you waiting for , book your stay at South Palms Resort Panglao today! :D


Till Then, travel safe! ;)

13 comments:

  1. so beautiful that place!!
    can u give some guides on budget?
    hehehee..coz mostly i read yr blog, really inspire me to go there also (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey are_rull,

      depending on what u want to do. I can be from RM 200 to Rm 1000 per week and etc.

      Delete
  2. fall in love with those pictures!! really beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did? Hahha i was trying my new skills. I think they look alright. But your compliment brightens my day. Thank u! :D

      Delete
  3. oh my god, the bathroom is enormous !!
    I want to go to bohol after reading your entries...see you bohol next year ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. wah dasyaaat Rayyan...u make me jelezz....wa sekarang ni dah jadi owang kayo bganda ganda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been there in March '14, really a beautiful place and staff is extremly kind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup. really beautiful and amazingly nice people! :D

      Delete