Saturday 12 July 2014

Calling Japan my new home.

I have arrived in Tokyo, Japan!

I know, I still can't believe it that I am actually here. Even when I boarded my flight in Manila, I was still unsure about what I am going to do in Japan and the next thing I know, I was already using ¥! My first leg of journey begun from Narita Int Airport, where I had to take a train to Nippori where my friend, Masaya was picking me up. Apparently I took the slowest train that took 74 minutes from Narita to Nippori on the Keio Line! Well it was the cheapest, the fare was ¥1030 compared to the rest that was ¥2470 and above!

See, that is the map of Tokyo, wait till you see the subway map. Good luck to me for not getting lost!
Press to cross the road and the polite Japanese people shall stop their car to allow you to cross. 
So my friend Masaya-san hosted me at his house and while he was away, his mother was so nice to teach me how to cook Somen- a japanese cold noodle that is popular for summer. Not to mention, she even did my laundry and folded it, I was so touch by kindness. It has been a while since I have motherly touch from my own mother. Yes, I miss you mom. :P

The view from my friend's house in Saitama! 
The Kawaii Masaya-san's Omoni (mother)
Somen- a famous cold noodle for summer. 
Masaya also brought me around Tokyo. I was in so much fascination that I couldn't stop smiling all day long. I even, at every junctions, turns and new building we encountered scream out to Masaya that I can't believe that I am in Japan! I was in sheer disbelief seeing the street of Japan like Akihabara, The Asakusa Temple, Tokyo Tower and all. 

Gheezz, I am in Japan! 

The Japanese SkyTree.
He exist! Doreamon exist! My childhood cartoon is everywhere here!
The Keoi Limited Line train from Narita to Nippiro
I think the best thing so far about Japan is being able to experience eating the freshest fish in my life. Masaya brought me to eat various cuts of sashimi fish, raw fish rice toppings, big tuna chunks cut. It a gastronomical treat after basically eating rice and beans for months (I still love you Philippines! :P)

It was so good that Masaya actually captured photo of me crying and in huge disbelief when I was eating my first Japanese Tuna Sashimi. It wasn't fishy at all, it was like eating butter. The fish melted in my mouth allowing me to experience the taster of fish at a whole new level. I adore your fishes Japan! 

Yes, that's me crying eating my first Japanese sashimi. 
Next, next. Excuse me, I am enjoying my fine cut of tuna. 
I adore you. J'adore bian. Saya Suka. Watashiwa Suki Desu!
It is not cheap too but for something so fine like this, Hell this is good money. This cut of tuna is priced at ¥25000 eq to USD250!
We then met up with Ayako-san, all three of us met in Ayuthayya, Thailand about 2.5 years ago. Ayako brought Masaya and I to Ropponggi Hill to eat Okonomiyaki and Monja, a popular Japanese downtown cuisine. It was basically do it yourself savoury pancake with fillings like cabbage, ginger, rotate, octopus and many others. It was an experience itself eating Okonomiyaki, the process down to putting the sauce and the fish flakes was so much fun! I am sure I will be indulging myself with more of this while am here!

See I kid you not, so much fun!
Masaya-san, Akito-san and Rayyan-san! 
I have about 3 months here in Japan and I will start my training for my work tomorrow! More stories to come, keep following me as I discover living in Japan! Till then, travel safe everyone! 

15 comments:

  1. I love Japan and Japanese people .... Love it so much !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wah wah small boy da kat jepang ke....training apa tu
    xpe nnti nekcik gi jepang boleh refer your blog...insyaallah one fine day ha...take care boy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aah nekcik kat jepun skrang. training kerja lah. hehe boleh2 hehe

      Delete
  3. hi rayyan, i am your silent follower since long time ago..
    i was fascinated to see u freely went every where u wanted especially philippines.
    i just wanted to ask u a question that always playing inside me..
    emm, what do u do actually for living?
    do u work oversea?:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I nazha,

      me? I volunteer around and now after living of my saving account, i got a job in japan. You can do it. hehe

      Delete
    2. same question as nazha .. hee.

      Delete
  4. Curious about the origin of that lady in tudung on the train.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me tooo... i talked to her but cudnt figure out where she is from

      Delete
  5. finally... ur dream in coming to Japan to meet Masaya came true! say hello to him and ayako for me. Good luck in your job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is! cant believe it too that am finally here!! i wil2. thanks jard

      Delete
  6. Love the way you love food. Enjoy the rest as well buddy. Big hug from Holland.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hai rayyan..best kan dapat p jepun..khaty pon dah pernah sampai sana tahun 2003 dengan member kilang bab kat sana kusus dan melawat...kira semua disponsor oleh tempat keja..6 bulan khaty di Bandar Yokkaichi..just nak sharing jugak...he#

    ReplyDelete