Saturday 14 September 2013

Where to Stay in Langkawi: Fox Hill Resort, Langkawi.

When the hustle & bustle of Kuala Lumpur was literally killing me (I mean it’s nice to visit Kuala Lumpur but to actually LIVE there? I beg to move out. Haha) I bought a one way ticket to Langkawi Island and the rest was history. I wanted a place to continue writing my draft for my first book, a peaceful place where I can laze around and do nothing. I asked a local-expat friend Vanessa Workman and she instantaneously suggested Fox Hill Homestay and Wellness Resort.


I was skeptical at first; you know too many places that claimed that they are champion at wellness and all. So there I was standing in complete amazement; Fox Hill Langkawi is indeed a wellness retreat centre. I was in for a total cleansing of my soul and heartache. It is a resort that goes beyond just being a resort- it felt like going back home, a really peaceful one.


Being a solo backpacker as usual, I was suggested the Tree Top House. The house was used as a storage store for the rice collected; the Malaysian people called it Kepok Padi. In fact all the houses in Fox Hill Langkawi have histories and stories behind every door.




The tree top house I stayed in a magical place- the moment I walked in I was in total awe. Overlooking the once-used-to-be meteor crater now is a mesmerizing- glistering view of paddy field with the stunning canvas of green mountainous of Langkawi.



“Am I really on an Island?” I asked myself. 

A lot of people asked me where to stay in Langkawi, how the rate is and what’s the best resort in Langkawi. As I recalled my experience, I can’t remember any as the last time I was in Langkawi Island as I was barely 10 years old. Too young to even appreciate the beauty of travelling eh? Now that I’ve gotten the chance to revisit and sorta live here for a month, I totally suggest you stay at Fox Hill Langkawi. 

I would like to thank Maria for being such a dear soul to me, for showing me that how much bigger life is compared to what I’ve seen, to appreciate life and live every second that am given, to believe in myself and do what is best for myself. If a morning fog appears magically after a cold night, so how Maria wisdom is- rare and very effectuating and every word she said to me give a pool of thoughts to wonder about. – I left Fox Hill, Langkawi feeling a million times better and definitely a new person. It’s the magic of Fox Hill Langkawi. 

Fox Hill Langkawi 
Lot 91, Kg Telok,
Ulu Melaka, 071000
Langkawi, MALAYSIA

Book online or call Maria at +604 9557599 : +6012 4737099

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. it does feel close to a home- a really good one that is. :)

      Delete
  2. i never been to this place.. quite cool and inspiring.. i choose to die there if there is a chance..hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah it's pretty awesome place u see! I had a great time! :D

      Delete
  3. I only just got to read this Rayyan, (cuz I was on da road lah).. It's beautiful!
    I'm glad I could help out a wee bit and it was a perfect starting place. Next time I promise Ko Lipe! (BUT! I had an even more exciting additional option for 'us');)

    ReplyDelete
  4. can i know the price that you paid?

    ReplyDelete