Friday 20 September 2013

Must do things in Langkawi: Sunset Cruise with Tropical Charters!

Never in my life thinking that I would be able to be on a cruise, what more twice in a row in one trip! That’s the specialty of Tropical Charters cruise company, great at their sunset cruise and even more fascinating on their Day Cruise(More on that one my another post). How did it happened?

This is how it happened


I was just lazing around on the beach when suddenly ‘Makcik’ Vanessa (everyone in Langkawi likes to call her Makcik for some reason :P) said those magical words:


“You want to go on Tropical Charters cruise? I can get you ON”. She asked eloquently.


I was like “Hell yeah, please do!” I answered with my mischievous grin. Who wouldn’t want to cruise eh?– then it happened, I was in awestruck; Hello, I am going on cruise, I Rayyan Haries going on a sunset cruise! What more exciting than that, besides my constant travel! :P Haha

The day started with us gathering at the port at Awana Porto Malai, departing time was 5pm (I was told to be there earlier just in case if there is changes). I was surprised to see the whole team to be down there, from their crew members to their marketing people, not because that I was there-it's their common practice to welcome clients onboard- that to me is really a great strategy. I felt really welcomed!




Onboard Tropical Charters cruise, they have free-flow bar from juices to alcoholic drink – I had a great time drinking virgin mocktails! Their crew members were very friendly, attentive to your needs and some can dance too! Onboard were 2 medicals too, just in case you feel seasick or require medical attention, they are well prepared!


The cruise took about 2 hours till the sunset appears on the shorelines of Langkawi Island. I also had the chance to dine on the cruise, at Tropical Charters, food were prepared fresh onboard; you have grilled chicken, chicken satay and fish- all grilled on the open sea on the boat deck. There were so many foods, I don’t even think I can walk after that, okay I can but I was walking or should I say dragging my foot like Garfield! Rest assured I was laying on my back all the way till they board us back at the port.







Along the journey, we passed through Pulau Dayang Bunting (Maiden’s lake island) and some smaller island which were fascinating. It was really beautiful as the dark sheds down slowly into darkness. Boyyy what an evening!



If you are curious on what your must do things in Langkawi must include- put in Tropical Charters in it if you are party-goer, young travelers or just a solo backpacker like me. The price is RM 260 per pax, you might wanna ask your travel agency for an updated price or just contact Tropical Charters Cruise. 

*Tropical Charters Cruise is weather and sea-condition permitted.

Till then, keep on traveling peeps and travel safe. 

12 comments:

  1. salivating! omg so coool, wish I had gone on the cruise when I went to Langkawi earlier this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha not the cleanest food tho! Looking back, I can just LOL at myself. Good food but definitely not healthy! hahaha

      You shud, come back, I've been back twice now! :D

      Delete
  2. yours pictures are improving. good post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. been a while since I heard from you. Thanks :)

      Delete
  3. hi, been your silent reader for a while now heee.
    just nak tanya, macam mana nak naik cruise ni? terus ke Awana Porto Malai ke? kene book dulu or walk in jer? thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hii....awww thank u for reading! :D

      U need to book in advance tho! cheers! :D

      Delete
  4. u look smaller! by the by, free cruise!! who doesn't want that!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank u! hahahha wasnt free at all actually. ;)

      Delete
  5. Makcik Vanessa pulak~ haha..wehh this is sooo coooll..especially if it is not sunny that day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha of coz she is makcikk...omg! u wanna it to be sunny! :D

      Delete
  6. Okeh obviously reading this right now is bad. *Lapar*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahha Ana, you are supposed to enjoy the cruise- the food is just the sidekick! hahah

      Delete