Sunday 8 December 2013

Asian On Air 2013: Flying experience with Korean Air.

I never actually plan to visit Korea anytime this year, not that I don’t want to visit it but I don’t think am capable financially. Till I heard about the Asian on Air 2013 blogging contest, I did the best I could and let it all in the hands of God. Little that I know, I won. Yes, my writing won me and Anne from Penmerah.com an all paid trip to Korea with Korean Air and Korean Tourism Organization. Imagine my excitement. 


I was so contented with all the blessing am getting that I was so excited when I check in at KLIA the night I departed for Incheon, Korea with Korean Air. Checking in was really smooth and I felt very welcomed. Since it was a night flight and I was really tired from the travelling I did a week before, I pretty much watched movies and sleep. But one thing I have to applaud the cabin crew, I was hungry after we took off and they don't have anything to give because it was a night flight but they stills served me croissants for me to eat- I was so touched! 


Flight was really comfortable considering I took the two-seaters row and the legroom was alright for a plus size guy like me. It was a beautiful- turbulence-free flight from Kuala Lumpur to Incheon, Korea. I was trying to use my Sony Nex 5T to capture some starts but my buttery fingers doesn't help at all, but I still think it's fascinating view.


Soon, it was time for breakfast. The cabin crew woke us up at about 5am, more or less about 1hour away from landing. Since by that time I was already a non-meat eater, and ordered for the seafood-only meal. It was really good breakfast of steamed egg, fish and mushrooms as well asparagus! 



Then, it happened. I saw my first sunset in Korea. We were descending down into Incheon, Korea. I was so happy that I literally became speechles- "I am in Korea, KOREA!". How could that even happened? 




One smooth landing and I was in Korea! Honestly, I cried a little when they did the welcoming announcement. Me, they guy who my relatives thought is a complete failure for failing university, made it to Korea with my own writing. I am blessed for all the things that is happening in my life. 



I had to have these drinks- the Uhu Banaa drink that everyone who have been to Korea said it's a must drink drink in Korea. And then I found my favourite drink, the Vitamin water- which happened to say that I am Baby Face- Yes, thank you/Kamsahamida! :P



I am seriously grateful for the experiences am getting. It has been really amazing. My time in Korea was fantastic despite some minor setbacks. Setbacks are there to tick up, tell you that's gonna alright and it shall pass hah?  :)

Without me realizing, it was already the time to fly home. It was really sad but it was a great Asian On Air 2013 trip, am glad I wrote this post and eventually won



And don't forget to do your text refund whenever you purchase good's from a tax-refundable mall! It's not that hard and you will get a pretty alright amount of refund. :)




Then it was time to board- "Calling for passenger Korean Air KE 671 to Kuala Lumpur, you are welcome to board at Gate 23". I was bidding goodbye to all things Korean at Incheon Airport; the air, the atmosphere, the friendly people and the beautiful country. 



I love how spacious KE 671 Korean Flight are, I don't feel cramped at all throughout the 7 hours flight! What I love most is how huge Korean Air's IFE system is in their flight. I felt like I have my own private space watching movie while eating my Seafood Meal dinner! :D




It was another great flight home, just this time because it's an evening flight. They kept going around giving food and more food to all passengers. They have snacks, onigiri, I got a really awesome salmon sandwich and best of all Ice-cream! "I'm gonna miss flying Korean Air" I told myself. Next time if you wanna fly to Korea, take Korean Air- indulge in Korean's hospitality and culture. ;)




I had a great time. We all had a great time. It was a great Korean Air flights. 

Asian On Air 2013 is brought to you exclusively by Korean Air and Korean Tourism Organization- Korea Be Inspired! Photos in this post were captured with Sony NEX 5T- your traveling camera! 

12 comments:

  1. wow! congratulations! I hope i can go to Korea soon and also try out Korean Air..their screen looks like a computer screen..hahaah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I didnt expect it tho. It was very random but am glad I wrote it! :D

      Delete
  2. Tanniah, happy trip ke Korea. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!! your writing really inspire me especially on how you said that failing in university doesn't mean you are complete failure in life.. such a well real proof to show!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lady Dreamer,

      Haha. Thanks for noticing that, na, hard to explain to malaysian relatives about not being a graduate. But yeah, I can do it. :)

      Delete
  4. susu pisang tu mmg something yg wjib try ble visit to korea..hehehe
    sy smpai kt airport pn bli lg susu tu b4 balik msia..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, tu yg rayyan beli tu. First thing I did! :D

      Delete
  5. Congratulation to you. Although I'd been to Korea before, but I wish to go again and fly with Korean Air instead. I read your writing post for this competition and to be frank, your writing were the best compare to the rest. Plus, makes me wanna cry too when I read it. Keep it up the good job, Rayyan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diana,

      Ahhh you stalked the others too hah? Haha, was doing what I do best, telling story to the world out there.

      Thank you for your support! :D

      Delete
  6. Tahniah rayyan..u are so lucky & superb

    ReplyDelete
  7. nak pergi jgkk...syokkk

    ReplyDelete